Tuesday 3 January 2012

Barefooting in the gale

Well I delayed my run today as Prestwick was reading a steady 55mph, gusting to 84mph. Call me a wimp but there was sheet steel flying about out there. Benefit was that once it had died down to a mere gale there was no one golfing on Royal Troon. Gave me a chance to barefoot properly. Felt very good but the learning point is that bare soles are not as grippy as shoes even if toes uphill give cracking traction. Nearly went down on a long slick section of fairway. Lots of different surfaces including cinder track and paths through gorse. All fine but I'm still not running on paths and roads without some kind of protection! I confess it was warmer putting on socks and the Merrells once I got back to tarmac. Feet feel great although I did give them a pretty good scrub and a slaver of petroleum jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment